Thursday, October 4, 2018

Story Time for Adults

I slept with my book in my bed last night. 
I just couldn't put it down. I held it firmly 
in my hand and flip page after page, until I knew 
nothing at all. 

Yes, I fell fast asleep while reading. I slept 
with my book in my bed last night. I wonder
what my mom would say? She was a book lover too.

I apologized to the bookshelf, and said I'd 
try not to do it again. I can't help it! I love 
the relationship that we've developed. I don't 
know what's wrong with me. 

Normally, I'd fold my reading blanket, and return
my book to the bookshelf, but last night was different. 
It was a very special night. Last night was the dawn of a 
new era. No, last night was a fun reading adventure at its best.
Last night, was the start of something everlasting. 

I felt possessed by reading, but in a good way. 
Possessed by every shimmering word found
between the pages of my new love of sleep reading. 
My dreams were sweet! Who knows, I might do it again tonight.

Copyright 2018 Beverly F. Jones, Author / Intergenerational Storyteller

No comments: